Watchfinder is the UK's leading fine watch destination and is the online and offline gateway to the biggest collection of pre-owned watches in the country. With more than 4.4 million visitors over the last year, Watchfinder is the prime location to buy, sell and part-exchange watches.
Watchfinder is looking to hire a Photography Retoucher to be based at its head office in Maidstone, Kent. With the expansion of Watchfinder and its increasing need for high quality imagery, the role will be a key part in the frontline services of the company. You will join two other product photographers and report to the Creative Director.
The role requires an individual with experience in high-end jewellery retouching to prepare images of luxury watches for publication on the site. Experience in photography is a plus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within the brand and photography guidelines to produce product images that are consistent.
- Retouch, colour correct and manage product photography for the site using Adobe Photoshop
- Work with the product photographers to achieve the highest standard possible from the photography equipment
- Work across different areas of the business with the ability to adapt to different retouching and photography disciplines
- Manage workload around priority and timescale alongside the product photographers
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of software, hardware and techniques.
- Continually learn to develop and improve this skillset
- At least 1 years experience working as a jewellery retoucher
- A creative portfolio of work based around the above
- An excellent understanding of Adobe Photoshop
Desirable but not essential
- Studio photography experience
- Video editing experience
- A knowledge of luxury watches
Skills and personal attributes
- Passionate about retouching and photography
- Creative and full of ideas
- Good team player
- Able to communicate ideas effectively
- Enthusiastic, proactive and flexible
Conditions of employment
- Full time position
- Based in Maidstone, Kent
- Salary 18k
To apply please send your CV, covering letter and samples of your work to the email below before 18/11/13.
Watchfinder is the biggest pre-owned watch website in the UK, visited by more than 350,000 people every month. The company employs 50 full time staff based in Maidstone and central London. This office based job will be at the company HQ in Maidstone, Kent.
We are currently looking for an experienced sales person to join our existing team. You'll need to be able to demonstrate a successful background in a commercial sales environment. Experience of watches would be an advantage although it's not essential. In the past good employees have come from the property, automotive, and telecommunications sectors.
This is a demanding role within a fast paced, target driven environment. Training will be provided where necessary, you will need to quickly absorb a large volume of technical information and deliver peerless customer service via email, telephone, and in person.
You'll also be required to work on occasion in the London Boutique which is located in The Royal Exchange.
Applicants should submit a CV along with a covering letter detailing your success to date and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
Watchfinder is one of the world's leading pre-owned watch retailers, catering to the needs of over 4.5 million visitors every year both online and in store. With over ten years' experience, Watchfinder continues to innovate and redefine the market for pre-owned watches, tirelessly developing new and exciting ways for customers to buy, sell and interact with pre-owned watches from over fifty different brands. This is a rare opportunity to join a company that is changing the way the industry works, and a great prospect for someone looking for a career in the watch industry. If you are a dedicated, enthusiastic and intuitive person, Watchfinder could well be the company for you.