Why Buy Pre-owned?
Anybody looking to purchase a quality watch should consider buying pre-owned. If you're not sure why buying pre-owned is such a good idea, or have some reservations about buying pre-owned, then the following information should help you decide, and may even save you a lot of money.
Pre-Owned Watches Cost Less
The biggest hit of depreciation is during the transition from new to pre-owned. Many pre-owned watches will settle in price after this and depreciation will slow considerably, and some even increase in value through the chain reaction of price increases on new models, desirability and rarity.
There Are More Pre-Owned Watches To Choose From
The watch you coveted as a teenager, or even the one that has just been replaced by a newer model; these discontinued watches are available pre-owned. Choose the watch you want, from the manufacturer you want, all in one place.
Depreciation Can Be Used To Your Advantage
Some manufacturers depreciate much more than others from new to pre-owned - not good news if you bought new, but when buying pre-owned it opens up opportunities to afford far more exotic pieces than you would have otherwise expected. It also means you can consider the piece you really want without being put off by inherent high depreciation.
Buying Pre-Owned Means Selling Pre-Owned
Depreciation after the transition to pre-owned is much more gradual than from new, and in some cases nil or even appreciating. This means that if something else takes your fancy, selling the piece will not have the same sting on your bank-balance as it would from new, leaving you in a better position to get what you want.
Why Buy From Watchfinder?
Buying pre-owned can be a daunting experience, so we have set the standard for quality and peace of mind when it comes to acquiring your dream timepiece. Buying pre-owned should not taint your purchasing experience, in fact, it should make it better. Here's why:
Buy With Confidence
Everything we have listed has been fully authenticated by our team of experts, with any ambiguities clarified by the manufacturer. If the manufacturer has a lost and stolen record, the watches are checked against it to make sure they have a clean history.
All our watches are in the best possible condition both internally and externally. The watch you see on our site is the watch you get, so you can see just how good the condition is from the high-resolution images we provide for each item. If you buy from the site and don't like what you receive, you can send it back within seven days for a full refund.
Shop In Comfort
You can visit us in person or you can browse our shop online. Our catalogue search will get you to the watch you want quickly and easily, will give you information and articles about the watch you are looking at, and will also suggest other watches you may not have considered, all at your own convenience.
Peace Of Mind Ownership
The experience doesn't end once you receive the watch. Every item we sell is covered by a twelve month comprehensive Watchfinder warranty in addition to any remaining manufacturer's warranty to protect you if it goes wrong.
The Watchfinder Process
When a watch arrives at our offices, it goes through a stringent process before we can consider it ready for sale. Although the process will vary from watch to watch depending on its needs, the basic journey remains the same:
- The watch arrives and is scanned into our logging system. This keeps track of where the watch is in the building at all times.
- The data team check the watch to make sure that it is genuine and not stolen, cross-referencing the serial number with technical documents and manufacturer records.
- It is then handed over to our servicing team who undertake a thorough inspection of the watch's water resistance, accuracy, functionality and condition to determine the work required.
- Depending on the type of watch and the level of servicing needed, it will be either sent to the manufacturer or will be serviced in-house.
- Once the mechanicals have been checked and had any necessary work completed, the watch will then be refinished if required. This work is done by our in-house servicing team.
- The next step is the photography, capturing high resolution images to give the watch the best possible representation on our website.
- Once complete, the watch is placed in one of our four 1.5 tonne time-locked safes before it gets sent out to its new owner.